Another hand-made card by yours truly. This one is for my colleague, Jun Yan, who celebrated her 29th birthday on the 29th March 2017.
This time round I played around with the colour palette. Didn’t actually stick to just one shade. I saw that lavender and light green went quite well together and went straight to it. The card itself measures at 14.7 cm by 13.9 cm.
- American Crafts
– (item #366044) green cardstock
- Buttons Galore & More
– (item #BB75) purple button: Retro Chic
- Daiso Japan
– (item #E-008) embosser
- Ek Success
– (item #PSP21C) butterfly puncher
– (item #F642) paper flowers
- Maple Treehouse
– (item #M3H560881036) purple pearls
– (item #PTP6A4) green paper insert
– (item #417715) brown cardstock
– purple string
– (item #88/55) purple pen
– (item #SSC1115) clear stamp
– (item #GD-91) chalk ink: Midnight Black
I love that lace. It’s so furry. Haha! I thought the placement of just the lace gave the whole card kind of a shabby chic look. The purple paper flowers came from the same set from Kaiser Craft. There’s also a small butterfly there punched from the same green cardstock I used for my main card body… and of course! My signature 3 pearls.
I had contemplated how the sentiment would be. Initially I wanted to place it on the top, but felt that I would have overcrowded the whole top portion. Hence, I ended up putting it on the bottom right corner. Just used a sponge tape to make the whole strip pop up. Finished it up with a stringed purple button.