Request. Yes, this time round, my creation came as a humble request from my colleague, Jun Yan. She asked me to make a simple something using at least one of her hand-made fabric flowers. In fact she wanted me to make two different pages, but knowing how much time I spend making just one 12×12 scrapbooking page, I knew I could only make one for her.
Quite frankly, I do not take requests. But since she has given me so many free hand-made flowers, it felt like an obligation to heed hers. Then again, as I always reiterate, I feel that my quality of work is not up to my usual standards when I’m doing requests. There’s always this ‘limitation’ air that looms in my head.
I used Got Sketch‘s Sketch 98 by Valerie Salmon. And yes, it’s the HARRY POTTER trio — Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint. I thought I’d use a non-personal photo since it’s a general request. Hence, the Golden Trio it is.
– (item #1218-59) embossing folder
– (item #1218-66) embossing folder
– (item #1218-67) embossing folder
– (item #572860) wood veneer
- Freckled Fawn
– wood veneers: Arrows
– wood veneers: Stars & Such
- Home Living
– (item #31687) cotton twine
– purple string
- American Crafts
– (item #89397) teal ribbon
– (item #53180) grey alphabets
– (item #42980) teal alphabets
– (item #53071) black alphabets
– (item #BLGP-G1-7-B) black pen
- Uni Mitsubishi Pencil
– (item #UM-120AC) purple pen
- Pretty Color
– (item #38) black chalk ink
- Faber Castell
– (item #180688B2) purple chalk ink
– (item #VS-131) chalk ink: Narcissus
– (item #63-00000) Pastels Blending Chalk Pack
– (item #9380) circle cutter
- KCK Craft
– (item #D-09) flower brads
I was looking for a purple-themed 12×12 paper and found this test-tubed filled one in my stock. And since my photo will be ‘Harry Potter’ related, I thought it just fit somehow. I camouflaged some texts to the top circles; each with the actors’ names. And ooh! Finally! Finally, I used my Sizzix embossing machine. I used 3 different embossing folders for the 3 coloured cardstocks.
Wood veneer! I love wood veneers! A simple twine to finish that tag look.
Yes. The subject. The challenge. To include that one flower. I love its shabby look. I tried placing it on every circle to see how the page would look overall. Eventually, it simply ended up in the middle, with a meek string to accompany it.
I confess, I hate this part. I almost wanted to back the title with either a purple or black shaped cardstock. But meh! I guess laziness was one of the reasons that stopped me from doing so. Instead I just adorned some more wood veneers around it.
Hehe! Yeah. A hidden stamp of approval.