Macarons!! Colourful petite macarons! I admit, I was one of those fools who used to confuse between macarons and macaroons. But I’m wise now. Hehe! I’m aware of the difference.
Well anyways, I ordered assorted flavoured macarons as Christmas gifts for my team of colleagues for Eve’s gift-aways earlier. I had to buy extras from another bakery since I anticipated that I would surely end up with smashed macarons — yes, several did got eventually smashed. Ugh!!
I created up some 3D boxes to package these little sweets. The box template was one I got from SVGCuts’ One-Piece Boxes Kit. Worked on these for 3 days. Haha!
Day One: SCAL2 (the cutting software)
Day Two: scoring the cut-outs and putting up the boxes.
Day Three: Decorating the boxes.
- American Crafts
– (item #366044) patterned paper
- Studio Calico
– (item #331495) patterned paper
– (item #732318) patterned paper
- Crate Paper
– (item #683267) patterned paper
– (item #683190) patterned paper
- Bazzill Basics Paper
– (item #304830) embossed paper
- Buttons Galore & More
– (item #BB22) aqua buttons: Ocean Blue
– (item #BB71) red buttons: Tutti Fruity
– (item #BB75) blue & green buttons: Retro Chic
– (item #GD-58) chalk ink: Hint of Pesto
- Faber Castell
– (item #180688B1) blue chalk ink
- Pretty Color
– (item #17) green chalk ink
– (item #37) brown chalk ink
– (item #891053) chalk ink: Raspberry Pie
- Webster’s Pages
– (item #TM9814) ribbon: Botanical
– (item #LRB05) blue & cream lace
– (item #LRB03) brown lace
– (item #LRB09) orange bloom lace
– (item #SCA4003) patterned paper
– (item #SQ-6633/5) transparency film
– (item #88/45) brown pen
– (item #88/89) light brown pen
– (item #88/41) blue pen
– (item #88/50) maroon pen
- Ek Success
– (item #PSP21C) butterfly puncher
Yup, I edged all of them with chalk inks. This was one of the fortunate set that end up with 5 equal looks.
I was disappointed when I realised that orange lace could only fit 4 boxes. I really loved how it complimented the box.
Hmm… the reason why I had to succumb to this pom-pom-liked lace for this one. I omitted the red buttons since it would have been overdoing it.
Regrettably, the first patterned paper my Cricut machine worked on messed up due to my old useless cutting mat. That went down the drain and I ended up with only 4 for this set.
Mum didn’t like these one. Hmph! Well, it has that rusty look, no? …No?? Well! I like them. That’s that!
Due to the ‘rustic’ boxes, I had to conjure up one lonely themed box.