One of my colleagues resigned from her position and it was her last day earlier this week. I was given the task to create a farewell card from my team of four. I just had the whole night to work on one and eventually managed to whip up this one in about 2 hours or so.
It was supposed to be a stepper card. But seeing that I was confused with the scoring board, the card ended up like a zig-zag cum ‘half-baked’ stepper card. Haha! The fact that I’d used a Prima cardstock, I couldn’t risk wasting it. Hence I just went through with it. And I must say, I’m quite satisfied with the end results.
– (item #842369) patterned cardstock
– (item #550127) tiny alphabets
– (item #550141) tiny alphabets
– (item #549251) floral embellishments
- American Crafts
– (item #85351) glitter brads
– brown marker
- KCK Craft
– (item #401-08) pearl stones
– (item #88/45) brown pen
– patterned scissors
– (item #LOP-3178) journaling piece
– (item #GD-58) chalk ink: Hint of Pesto
– (item #VS-154) chalk ink: Bark
– (item #LRB03) lace
Coincidentally and fortunately, I had matching floral embellishments from Prima that matches the cardstock. I say this again — I love this brand! The petals were pinned with glitter brads by American Crafts.
That wooden print paper is a leftover from my own printouts. I just didn’t want to waste it. Like usual, I’d edge the whole card with chalk ink… I have to confess though, I was a bit contemplative with the letterings. I don’t quite fancy these tiny alphabet stickers. But I think if used right, they’ll turn out good. And to my own satisfaction, I’m quite pleased with how the card’s sentiment was laid out.
An almost hidden message; camouflaged by the intricate design of the cardstock… and trust me when I say that it was envisioned that way. Hence the reason I used brown marker.
Mhmm… I snapped this picture with just my message on it. The card was eventually filled with my three other allies in the office before being sent together with our gift to our parting colleague. I framed the message body with little green borders. And oh! I scored the side of the card too since I thought it would have looked too bare. It did well too for the front, as it ended up nicely embossed on the other side.
Uh.. yeah! I didn’t manage to make my own envelope. But lucky for me, I had that envelope which I thought quite suits the theme. Thus it was made to compliment the card.