Mhmm… Yuvreen once again. This time round it’s just the lead actors, Shivin Narang and Smriti Kalra taking a break in between their shots. It’s the scene in which the characters Suvreen Guggal and Yuvraj Singh are having their first date in Mumbai.
I used Pencil Lines‘ Sketch 78 by Nancy Van Den Berg. I’ve followed about 85% of the sketch’s layout, but omitted the buttons arrangement at the bottom of the page. I did tried following it by placing some more buttons by the foot, but it looked way overly done. Hence I stashed away the idea.
– (item #9380) circle cutter
– patterned paper by Jenny Ellory
- American Crafts
– (item #53251) yellow foam alphabets
– (item #53224) green foam alphabets
– (item #63-00000) Pastels Blending Chalk Pack
– (item #88/56) pink pen
– (item #88/53) green pen
– (item #88/46) black pen
- Buttons Galore & More
– (item #BB71) orange & green buttons
– (item #LRBP02) cotton lace
– (item #3) cotton twines
- Ek Success
– (item #PSP21C) butterfly puncher
– (item #552534) floral embellishments
- Making Memories
– (item #23541) brads
- KCK Craft
– (item #D-09) flower brad
Honestly it was a bit tricky placing the buttons since the main 12 by 12 patterned paper is already designed with rounds of colourful limes. The buttons almost got camouflaged by the whole design. Hence I had to arrange and pick the colours carefully in order for them to look more discernable.
Now this section totally went out of plan. First thing’s first, I had wanted to cut a big circle out of my orange paper. But eventually, I learnt that my Fiskars cutter could only cut a maximum diameter of 21cm. And hence, I had to slant my paper doily instead of giving it an outline backing from the orange paper.
And then there’s the rope.., another kind of rope that came from hell. I couldn’t even glue it due to its sheer inflexibility. So I had to resign to using this cotton twine. Though I still wish I could use the initial rope I had. Its orange colour would have looked even better. Anyways, I’d also outlined the outer rope with small scribbles of “Yuvreen”.
I’ve given the back of the word, ‘date’ some bits of grey chalking to make the alphabets looked more outstanding.
These two black brackets were printed on a normal recycled paper in which I pasted on a scrap of cardboard. Took me a while to cut them out. But guh! I guess I should have placed them with better spacing. Although I have to confess that the orange flower brad’s purpose there is to cover a mistake I did with my handwriting.